Wednesday, September 1, 2010

live from my living room

I thought the day would never come but I am actually writing this in my own little home which means that I must own a computer!!! And I do!!! I'm not a natural or even slightly relaxed about using a laptop but nothing has blown up yet so.... I already have a problem since I don't know how to highlight anything while using a touch pad. Once I get a battery in the mouse, the touch pad can go away as far as I'm concerned.

Now, on to more important things: what have I been reading?

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, of course. The final volume in an incredibly rivoting trilogy did not disappoint. Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Primrose and everyone else in Panem went through adventures, twists and turns that left me breathless at times, loudly cheering at others. This was an incredible reading experience. Suzanne Collins has mad a world that, at times, was more real to me than my own. I cared deeply about the characters and desparately wanted them to succeed in their quests. A truly memorable reading experience.

There were so many references to events in the first two books that were hazy in my memory--I know I didn't get the full reading experience. Sometime in the future, I want to read the books (The Hunger Games and Catching Fire are the first two books) back to back. Due to the gut-wrenching emotion of the story, now is not the time. But, someday....

Here ends my first blog post on my new computer. Amen.