Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I didn't see that one coming!

I've been up to my earlobes in Harry Potter and the world at Hogwarts, enjoying the books back to back--great fun since I actually remember the little details and how things tie together. I've started the last book and know I will soon be going through Harry Potter mourning again soon. Sigh.

My carry-around books have been fun but nothing spectacular (why you haven't heard from me in such a long time). But, last week, the long-awaited sequel to The Hunger Games arrived on my desk. Wahoo! I quickly finished the book I was reading and, during my lunch hour on Saturday, dove into the book.

Catching fire by Suzanne Collins follows Katniss Everdeen through the victory tour after the Hunger Games. She and Peeta travel throughout Panem, seeing many things that the Capitol wishes they hadn't seen. That is as far as I'm going with the story because there are so many twists, turns and unexpected happenings that really need to be a surprise to be enjoyed. I have been surprised again and again and again and I'm loving it! I have 120 pages left and gulping down the rest of this wonderful book is my only plan for the evening.

No comments: