Tuesday, November 4, 2008

at long last...

I checked my request list this morning and, hurrah! hurrah!, Lorna Landvik's new book, Tis the season, will be arriving today! Suddenly, all my plans for sewing and cleaning and baking have evaporated and I will be spending the next several evenings stretched out on my new daybed (thanks to JAN and FAF for assembling it for me--the best friends anyone could ever have!) with my nose in a book!

I first "met" Lorna when I read Patty Jane's House of Curl. Patty Jane was the reincarnation of my Aunt Verlie so I loved spending time in her company. It is such fun to read a book and know the neighborhoods, the stores, the restaurants, the clothes, the music and on and on.

If you have a chance to hear Lorna Landvik speak, just get in the car and go. She is gorgeous, warm and extremely funny...and she gives out chocolate kisses to anyone who asks a question or makes a comment on her books.

So don't call me, don't send an email, I'm going to be busy for the rest of the week.

No comments: